Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Self-Reflection

                An idea I have for the self-reflection, is to incorporate a short story I have been working on and use that as a narration. The story will be come off as the inner monologue of an individual from birth up to the age of eighteen, and observations he makes. I want to incorporate into the story, aspects of how I see myself and how others see me. I want to incorporate aspects of anxiety and paranoia, for those are examples of how I view myself at this point.
                Seeing that this version of myself goes from infancy to young adulthood (18), part of me is concerned of how I will go about this in terms of the actual footage I will actually make and to coincide with what my story will be telling. I am also concerned with how I can make this reflect how myself, and others, see me. I feel that this would be an interesting approach of reflecting on myself, as well as something that can possibly be very humorous. I like to make people laugh, it makes me feel better when I can put a smile on someone’s face.

                With that being said, I see my approach to this project as a challenge. I see in as a way I can challenge myself not only as a filmmaker, but also who I am as a writer and as a person. As the project type entails, I think it will truly help me reflect on who I currently am as a person, who I used to be, and who I strive to be (I know that sounds like an overused cliché). I know that using a short story as a voiceover narration, even though it has been done, will definitely be a challenge for me, as a film student. But, figuring out the direction of the story and coming up with ideas for the footage to use, will be the true challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment