Monday, September 12, 2016

Sound Response


What I learned from this project is that it takes more that visuals to tell a story in film, and not only that, a visual is not always needed. By doing this part of the project, I was able to mentally create the visuals from what my group and I put together. I had a similar feeling to working on this, that I do when I read a book, or listen to a song. It gave me a glance of the pictures in my mind.

For me, personally, in my day to day life, when I hear a collection of sounds and I do not know their sources, I try to make stories revolving around them. To use an example of, let’s say, a police siren, it can go from pure assumptions, such as someone getting pulled over by the police, or it be some form of child-like fantasies, such as maybe there was a bank robbery and there is about to be a high speed car chase.

That is how it was, for me, with this project. Even though my group and I already knew our story before we started putting our sounds together, it took that part of the creative aspect of my mind and allowed the visualization to happen as we were putting it together. As we were going along, I would sometimes listen to what we have and pretend to be someone who did not know the story and figure it out along the way. Every time, I felt our soundscape got closer and closer to the story and themes we were trying to portray with the sounds that we had available, from the groups from the first part of the project. I feel that the sounds we had and the story we had gotten worked really well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment